I love "Britpop" style music

My cousin is a man who knows everything about rock music. When I was a student in middle school, I was a cult of him so that I became a rock fan. About sever or eight years ago he recommended a song “yellow” by coldplay -- that is my first time to touch the world of “Britpop”. After that, I completely became a crazy fan of Britpop music.

“Britpop” is a British alternative rock movement which occured in the 1990s. It was characterised by the appearance of bands who borrowed influences from 1960s and 1970s while creating big, catchy hooks, as well as the appeal of earlier pop stardom and the sense that they were creating the soundtrack to the lives of a new generation of British youth. It was very popular between 1990 to 2000. In that time, many Britpop bands appealed and occupied the top seat of every ranking list. We call it “Britpop new wave”.

Before being a fan of Britpop music, I was listening to other rock band such as Bon Jovi, Queen or Linkin Park. In my opinion, the biggest difference between Britpop and the other rock style is that britpop music is more melodic; it has some flavours which you can not find in other rock music. Generally, those musicians express their emotion in a louder, harder and more emotional style. But the Britpop has the other style for expressing: the unique, distressed, dramatic and gorgeous is their way. They do not shout during the entire song, but you are touched deeper compare with Linkin Park style.

Nowadays there are many famous Britpop band in the world. No wonder the most famous two bands are radiohaed and coldplay. Here I would like to present a song for you (although it is damn hard to pick up a song in their abundance fantastic songs). “Fix you”, by coldplay in their album “X & Y”.